Our newest pick for Bitter Minnesota Beer of the Week is Roof Rack, a Vienna-style Lager from Bent Paddle Brewing Co. Roof Rack plays malty with a bit of toastiness from Vienna Malt and is dry hopped with Mandarina Bavaria hops. Hoist your craft to your roof rack and enjoy this festive lager!
Describe the beer, taste, IBU, ABV, etc.
- Style: Vienna-Style Lager
- ABV: 5.7%
- IBU: 27
What are the ingredients?
- Malts: Weyermann® Vienna Malt, Weyermann® Carafoam & Weyermann® Acidulated Malt (for pH correction)
- Hops: German Tradition, German Hersbrucker, German Mandarina Bavaria
- Yeast: German Lager Yeast
Beer nerd stats!
- Gravity: 1.057, FG: 1.013
- Plato: OG: 14°P, FG: 3.2°P
- SRM: 6.5
How can I buy Roof Rack?
- On Tap
- Six-pack cans
When can I buy Roof Rack?
- Seasonality: Fall.
- Limited edition: No, but we do an infusion with apple and spice called “Autumnal” for special bar/restaurant occasions.
Where can I buy Roof Rack?
- Brewery Taproom
- Local bars & restaurants in in ½, ¼, & 1/6 BBL
- Liquor stores, in six-pack cans
- The soft bready malt will open up an endless possibilities. Obvious standouts will include grilled pork chops, gourd vegetables, bratwursts.
- Patio drinking, while BBQing, on the couch during a football game… Just about anything! Expect even your domestic-light lager drinkers are going to enjoy this malty, German lager. From football games to hammerschlagen, this beer will go down, almost too easily.
Bent Paddle Brewing Co. is open 2 pm-10 pm Wednesdays and Thursdays; 2 pm-11 pm on Fridays and Saturdays and noon-5 pm on Sundays.