Hot Tropic New Zealand Style Pilsner is a collaboration brew between August Schell Brewing Company and Bauhaus Brew Labs. This crushable, tropical treat is the product of two lager-centric breweries channeling the Kiwi spirit while adhering to a standard of German brewing excellence.
Chock full of awesomely tropical New Zealand hop cultivars expressing fresh peaches, apricot and freshly squeezed limes, and fermented with Schell’s legendary lager yeast for a crisp, clean finish. Hot Tropic is your passport to paradise!
Describe the beer, taste, IBU, ABV, etc.
- Hot Tropic
- Style:New Zealand Style Pilsner
- ABV: 4.7%
- IBU: 40
What are the ingredients?
- Malts: Kölsch, Pils, Carapils
- Hops: Magnum, Mandarina Bavaria, Wakatu, Motueka, Wai-iti
- Yeast: Schell’s lager yeast II
Beer nerd stats!
- OG: 11.5ºP
- FG: 2.0ºP
- SRM: 4.1
How can I buy Hot Tropic?
- On Tap: at Red Stag Supper Club, you’ll also see it on tap at Bryant Lake Bowl, Tiny Diner, Pat’s tap, and of course the Bauhaus taproom
- Growlers & Crowlers available in the taproom
When can I buy Hot Tropic?
- This is a one-time release!
- Perfect for hot nights in August whether you’re on a patio, at home grilling, or hunkered down inside staying cool. Hot Tropic is the ultimate drinkable refreshing pilsner.
Bauhaus Brew Labs is open 4 pm -11 pm Wednesdays and Thursdays, 3 pm – 11 pm on Fridays and noon – 11 pm on Saturdays.
To visit Bauhaus with Bitter Minnesota, book your spot on our Thursday evening tour.