Our newest pick for Bitter Minnesota Beer of the Week is NorthGate Brewing Bitter Fool. “New world flavor to an old world style”, is a good way to talk about this IPA that is available year round for all you craft beer lovers out there.
Full disclosure: Bitter Fool wasn’t named after us. We think.
Describe the beer, taste, IBU, ABV, etc.
- Style: IPA
- ABV: 7.3%
- IBU: 70
What are the ingredients?
- Malts: Malt golden promise, 2-row, crystal 90, carahell
- Hops: Jester hops and cascade hops
- Yeast: English Ale Yeast
Beer nerd stats!
- Plato: 16*p
- FG: 3*p
- SRM: 9
How can I buy Bitter Fool?
- On Tap, in Fresh Growlers from our taproom, and in 4-pack 16oz cans at your local liquor store.
- Also available at the US Bank Stadium!
When can I buy Bitter Fool?
Where can I buy Bitter Fool?
- Bars, restaurants, and liquor stores in the Twin Cities metro area and suburbs. Also available at our taproom. Check out our beer finder at NorthGateBrew.com
- Pair with soft cheeses and nutty crackers, curry and basmati rice, fish fry, anything you can put on a grill, tater tot hot dish
- Pair with campfires at the end of a day of hiking, fall sports, ball games
NorthGate Brewing is open 4 pm-10 pm Wednesdays and Thursdays; 3 pm-midnight on Fridays; noon-midnight on Saturdays and noon-8 pm on Sundays.
To visit NorthGate with Bitter Minnesota, book your spot on our Thursday, Saturday or Sunday tours.